Lent is one of the most strict and most important of all posts.
In the post Smoking and alcohol. Serves in the post should not contain meat, fish, milk and eggs, muffins, candy, mayonnaise. The recipes of the dishes served during lent, should contain products of plant origin. For example, the vegetable dish of cauliflower, potatoes, rice, vegetables, eggplant, pumpkin, zucchini, mushrooms, bean will be appropriate at your Desk on the days of fasting. Also post in appropriate fruit, pickles, crackers, nuts, brown bread, porridge on the water. And the celebrations of the Annunciation and palm Sunday holiday are resolved Lenten fish dishes.
The first and the last week is the most strict fast. In “Clean Monday” made to starve. On the first Friday of eat kolivo – boiled wheat with honey and sugar.
Next: Monday, Wednesday, Friday — xerophagy (water, bread, fruits, vegetables, compotes). Tuesday, Thursday — hot food without vegetable oil. Saturday, Sunday — food with vegetable oil.
Don’t confuse Lenten dishes and vegetarian dishes. Vegetarianism does not exclude butter, milk, cheeses, eggs, but not fish. At the time, as in lent Lenten recipes do not contain dairy products and eggs, Continue reading
Recipes of meat dishes for children
28 February 2013. Section Recipes
At the age of 8 months baby you can give a try of meat to the lure. You can buy ready-made in jars or cook yourself. Prepared with love, of course, tastier, so we will share with you the recipes of some meat dishes for babies.
When cooking meat dishes at home need to remember the following:
1. Children first year of life meat should be given only in a shabby state, as a gravy to vegetable purees, cereals.
2. Meat you need to take the highest quality (thigh) without the fat and tendons.
3. Before use, the meat should just be washed to protein substances of meat down to the water.
4. It is necessary to conduct long-term thermal treatment of meat before serving.
5. When cooking meat broth it is necessary that the bones were finely chopped, fat removed. Bones, you need to pour cold water for 1 hour before to put them on the fire.
6. While cooking meat stock you should carefully remove the foam with a spoon. Not worth for this to use the skimmer, as the flakes of foam would pass through it and settle to the bottom.
7. After boiling broth should strain through a damp linen cloth, then boil it again. In the process of straining its nutritional value is reduced slightly, but it becomes more Continue reading
Exotic taste for gourmets
Came cloudy days and memories of warm and tender the sun remain many. And for those who visited on holiday, for example in the Caribbean, if not dream about such exotic stuff…Or just want to lift your mood, ward off the autumn Blues to be positive in autumn days – and you can cook something with an exotic taste and nice, and useful, and with beauty, and with the memories, dreams…
Recipe: Curry with sweet potato long grain rice
— 400 grams of potatoes, 300 grams of carrots, one pod of pepper, 200 grams long grain rice, one teaspoon of green curry paste, one teaspoon of ground turmeric, one teaspoon ground cumin, 400 ml coconut milk 250 ml vegetable stock, four Kaffir lime leaf, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
— the sweet potato and carrots cut into slices (pre-clearing them). Cut bell pepper into four equal parts, clean out the seeds and cut into sticks. Boil the rice for 15 minutes (water to salt);
— curry paste with turmeric and cumin warmed in a pan (stirring constantly). Add coconut milk, vegetable broth with lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then add vegetables and boil it for Continue reading